26 März 2006

more tales from the nazi camp counselor

our last event this past week was dinner with a very high ranking diplomat from a country which shall remain unnamed. at the end, my colleagues thanked the other organizers and named our names and people clapped, except for me. a great feeling. whatever, i was on the phone anyway. i know i did my job (hey, you got places and you got there on time. maybe you have learned now that 5" heels are not so practical in DC and New York!) oh well. i was so glad to leave NYC--i'm not a huge fan of the city. this probably sounds horrible to many of you, but it is just a ridiculous place to me. i know it has a lot to offer, but the expense and hecticness of it all just doesn't seem worth it to me.
here i am in the UN general assembly:















there actually was no feed coming through the earpiece, but i just thought it would be kind of a fun picture.
so now i am totally, totally exhausted. i cannot believe the quarter starts tomorrow already. i am not sure i have the reserves to do it. i am sure everything will be alright.
nawa was not as thrilled to see me as i had expected. she was just kind of like "hey, oh, you're back." i was a little upset by this, but she still seems to love me. she has started her spring shedding which is just ridiculous. so if you see me covered in dog hair...you know why.
beth and ewan's wedding was very nice and the reception was spectacular. i am very happy for them. here i am with beth:















she was a beautiful bride.
kaka and frick are moving to seattle, which is kind of funny. my friends are slowly graduating and leaving denver. june will be worse. by august, i will be all alone for my last quarter.
sorry, i am kind of in a mood of dispair. i'll be over it soon.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite