11 April 2006

your daily dose of german poetry

In der Dunkelheit und der Stille der Nacht
Schweigt mein Kopf nicht
Denn
Ich denke daran,
Was sein könnte
Und was nicht sein könnte.

Ich denke an die Vergangenheit
Und die Zukunft.
Bin ich daran Schuld,
Was passiert ist
Und was passieren wird?
Oder
War das ganze nur
Ein kleines Teil
Der grossen Planes?

Und ich erinnere mich daran:
Oh Gott,
Ich bin nicht meins
Nur Deins.

Ich schlafe ein
Und es ist mir egal,
Ob ich wieder aufwecke,
Denn
Ich bin immer bei Dir.

In the darkness and stillness of night
My head does not hush
Then
I think about
What could be
And what could not.

I think of the past
And the future.
Am I to blame for
What has happened
And what will?
Or
Was it all only
A small part
Of the large plan.

And I remember:
Oh God,
I am not my own
Only yours.

I fall asleep
And I do not care
If I awake
Then
I am always with You.

1 Kommentare:

Am/um 6:37 PM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

Mein Gott! I almost took my Woerterbuch out to translate that poem. I recognized some words but sometimes words need those conjunctions and prepositions in order for them to make sense.

Yes, foot rubs and pedicures are the cat's ass. I got a full body massage last week (my first) it vas heavenly.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite