27 Juni 2006

i got me some wheels

no, i am not allowed to drive yet. that comes thursday. today, i bought a bike with some of the money i got as a present for graduation. it is nothing fancy, but it makes me so much more mobile. i was actually able to go to the supermarket without someone having to drive me. of course, since i live in suburban iowa, there was no bike rack to lock up the bike, but a shopping cart corral did the trick. suburban iowa is not so bike friendly like the pacific northwest, but i plan on riding my bike to the new job and getting some much needed exercise and of course, saving gas money. it feels great.
i love riding my bike. i could see myself as a hobby cyclist. in germany, i rode my bike everywhere and got into excellent shape. even when i was working there, i rode my bike, which was kind of funny as an american, seeing myself and others peddaling around berlin in a burberry suit. that was, of course, when i could still fit into the burberry suit, which i have now given to my anorexic brother, who frankly, does not do the beauty justice.
alas, my ass balooned by 35 pounds in grad school and this, said suit had to be passed onto said much skinnier brother.
so really, this post is not so much about the new bike. it is about me being bitter about the burberry suit, which is beautiful and perfect and which my brother does not even appreciate since he does not even understand or appreciate its value, much less even know that it has a burberry label.
i'm not gonna lie--i love a good suit, as is probably obvious. yes, gueggs, this probably does contribute to me seeming "metro." in any case, i still mourn the suit.
i look forward to having a job again when i get to wear suits every day. guys have it so easy--you always look good in a good suit and don't even really have to think about it in the morning.

in any case, i am excited to have the bike.

6 Kommentare:

Am/um 11:12 PM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

Congratulations on the new bike. Burberry suit - awesomeness. perhaps the new cardio routine will afford you the courage to take the suit back when it fits you again. All the best.

 
Am/um 11:21 PM , Blogger X meinte...

Guys in suits are hot. Case closed. :)

I would be bitter too, but then again, I would probably keep the suit to strive to fit back in it.

 
Am/um 6:10 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

I have a bike too though Peace Corps requires me to wear a helmet.....it sucks. But, I will admit that its an integral part of my workout routine even with my dorky helmet. Go biker GO!

 
Am/um 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

I wish I could ride my bike in NY. Not enough guts and too much traffic. I envy you. I am going to rip out my bike when I go home, and will be in heaven.
Congrats on the new job! You'll be the best they have. Maybe now we should have latte dates instead of wine????

 
Am/um 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

amischwab,
you need to move to the netherlands! pick tulips and then tiptoe through them. i really admire a culture where driving is considered sinful. HA!
good on ya for biking around! and good luck with the new job!

 
Am/um 11:34 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

oh, and sadness on the suit... :(
i say you beat your brother with it until it is not wearable, then neither of you get to wear it!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite