11 Oktober 2006

slight post-vacation shock etc.

so i didn't keep super good track of my spending during my vacation. i mean, in my head i did, but then, that has gotten me into trouble in the past. turns out according to the good ol' ATM statement, i spent a little more money that i expected. nothing too tragic, and it was of course all stuff i needed, like, er, uh, trendy euro pointy black boots, and a Barbour quilted riding jacket.
got back very late monday night due to a flight attendant deciding not to show up to work in chicago. huh. worked at 8 am on tuesday, which was fine. in germany, i used to fly in at 5 or 6 am, drop my stuff off and take a shower, and go to work at 8, so hi, i am a pro. like i used to tell my students, the jet-set is not a glamorous as it appears.
october is going to be a very busy and intense month, so stay tuned.
LJ comes to iowhat tomorrow and i get to see her friday and sunday (those were the blocks of time i was alloted). v. excited.
it's kinda cold. for me that is. having grown up in the pacific northwest, extreme hot and cold are new things to me.

3 Kommentare:

Am/um 12:11 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

woot woot. welcome back jet-setter. keep us posted.

as for 'unnecessary spending,' that's what vacations and holidays are for.

 
Am/um 9:31 AM , Blogger X meinte...

You're an international man of mystery! Move over Austin Powers! :)

I spend all the time so I feel you! Glad you're back and dress warmly! Darn cold...grumble, grumble. :P

 
Am/um 12:03 PM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

welcome back fritz!!
sounds like your trip was stellar! yay you!
i sent beef jerky to a mate of mine in the netherlands. (random thought that you needed to know, or not... uhhh)
what did you bring us back from the land of Bier und Kraut!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite