21 Februar 2007

sometimes, you just gotta roll with it…

to exit my neighborhood, there are several options. The one I usually take involves going up a little bit of an incline, except when it is icy, it can be a bit challenging. This morning was the case plus there was a lady sitting in her SUV (on the wrong side of the street, mind you) waiting with her kid at the bus stop (hello, you are missing a perfect opportunity to toughen up your kid!) so once I began to slide, I hung a left instead of a right. So the morning began. Literally, I had to just roll with it, down the hill, that is.

Not that this is really a hill, but by Iowhatan standards, it probably counts.

I couldn’t decided what to listen to on my iPod. Was it an inspirational playlist, a techno playlist, a Beyonce playlist, or a classical playlist needed? Ah, the magic of the shuffle function on the iPod. I rolled with it. (The only thing with shuffle is, however, that sometimes you end up with a Christmas song. But that’s what the next button is for. See, when you roll with it, you can also roll past it if you so desire.)

Instead of going into Starbucks, I went through the drive and got to talk to Auntie M and Kliner. (aside: I just noticed that Kliner wrote “Fritzi Baby” in huge sharpie letters on the side of the cup—wow, I am making such a professional impression!) And I discovered that the gift card someone gave me for my birthday had TWENTY BUCKS on it! Wow! Quad Grande Nonfat With-Whip Cinnamon Dolce Latte, here I come!

And pulling out of the parking lot, someone actually let me in. This never happens there. Of course, Ol’ Blue stalled as I pulled away. Still working on getting used to the new clutch.

So Aim is somewhere other than Guinea right now. I know she is going to Morocco and then Spain and then back to Denver. See the PC pulled out of Guinea—some troubles there. (I guess that solves my dilemma as to whether or not I will visit her. Guess not. And I don’t need to worry about my French for the time being, either).

Kraeutle’s mom had to have some major surgery that was quite unexpected.

So between those two events, it has been quite a week and it is only Wednesday.

And it’s Ash Wednesday, which means no more pop until Easter. I have a headache right now and a Coke sounds so good. Especially since it is so warm in this office. Seriously, it is still not warm in the Iowhat, but 20 degrees warmer outside makes about 10 degrees difference inside.

Sandeep and I are up to our elbows, literally, in files. So on break, he declared it was a three cigarette break. It is the most assertive thing he has ever said to me. Alrighty then, let’s speed up the lung cancer process.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite