17 April 2007

it has occurred to me

--As I am sure we all feel, the Virginia Tech shootings are terribly disturbing. Why did this international student do this? I wonder if he felt like so much of an outside, so isolated, so depressed as a result, that he snapped. It is sad that we have had so many school shootings in the US in recent history that an amateur news watcher can profile the culprit so easily. And I again get thinking about the question about what this says about our society as a whole. Granted, this has happened other places (like Germany) but not nearly as often. Why is this going on? As it becomes more common, it almost gains validation, in the sense that we are familiar with the feeling of disturbment or mortification or shock. And what does the rest of the world think about our society? (Not that the US seems to care, oops, sorry, stupid question there.)

--Walking past venetian blinds makes me kind of dizzy.

--Talking on your cell phone in public restrooms--how do we feel about it? It kind of bugs me. Is that wrong? Mind you, I said public restrooms. I know, I know, with some people you're just on "that level" that you can talk while you're in the bathroom. But when you do it in public, you're bringing everyone else into the situation.

--Tonight, one of my housemates is cooking "Jack's Surprise." This is the one who does not really know how to cook but is learning through experimentation. And the rest of us are guinea pigs.

--the weather in the Iowhat is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Kommentare:

Am/um 5:26 PM , Blogger X meinte...

You have people you talk with on the phone in the bathroom? LOL....oh my oh my :P

 
Am/um 8:07 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

How was Jack's Surprise? Did you live to critique it for us???
/Vera

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite