30 April 2006

my weekend

despite being still very upset that i was not able to solve any of the puzzles at crowe's get-together on saturday night, it has been a great weekend. well, i guess the other downside is that i have probably gained back all of the weight i have lost since the damn seizure forced me to be all european and crap and walked everywhere. my goodness, i have eaten so much! eggs benedict on saturday, really good steak on saturday evening, lemon pound cake and a venti white mocha with whip this morning, orange chicken for lunch, and a yummy burger at red robin for dinner tonight. oh, and a couple icee's mixed in there somewhere (gotta keep hydrated you know).

it has been wonderful to be with my parents. the last few weeks have been nerve-wracking. i've been in limbo wondering what is wrong with me and what the heck i am going to do with my life in like 5 weeks. i knew i needed to take some time off, but that didn't stop me from worrying about what would come after that. i was making half-ass plans that i wasn't really excited about. my parents reminded me of what i really want to do. well, they didn't remind me, they asked me how things would look ideally. and so i am going to go after those dreams--i have to.

this means, i am spending the summer in iowa. yeah, a little concerned about that since i know a total of ONE person there (though she is my BFF fo' reels). i am going to get a mindless job and save money and keep up with my bills and build a little nest egg. and then in september, i am going to go to germany for kerstin's wedding and to have fun with christian. and then i am going to apply to the daimlerchrysler international management associate program (IMAP--germans totally love the abbreviations). i have wanted to work for daimler for, let's see, about 8 years. i have pretty good connections, i can work the network, and hopefully i will be blogging from stuttgart next year. this is what i really want to do. yes, it would be fun to move back to seattle--it seems like everyone is moving there for one reason or another, but i just couldn't think of anything i really wanted to do there (sorry guys).

i will probably go crazy in iowa. i have a feeling i will be reading a lot of books and doing a lot of writing. it is totally nerdy that i will be living with my parents, but sometimes you gotta do stuff like this. it's not like grad school has increased the amount of financial resources i have. let's see, i have exhausted all of my savings (except the Roth IRA) and excessive debt has ruined my credit. yay! what a great experience!

the people have made it worth it. you guys have been my survival. and you've really shown that even more in the past few weeks with your concern and assistance. THANKS!

1 Kommentare:

Am/um 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

Fritz! Tell me when you're free so we can talk! Call me!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite