13 Juli 2006

humiliation

so i looked on the shift schedule for work last week. for today, it read "7:45-11:45." great, i thought, i will wake up early and then have the whole day. so i dragged my a$$ out of bed this morning at 6:15, took care of the dog, showered, and hopped on my bike. i got to work, changed, and was actually pretty chipper (for those of you who have seen me in the early morning, which is not many of you for a reason). i am about to sign in when the shift supervisor says "um, fritz, that is supposed to be 7:45 pm to 11:45 pm--you're closing." wtf? everyone just started laughing. i tried to joke along with them. "just kidding," i said. but really (not to sound all 3rd grade) it felt like they were laughing at me and not with me. it's like another nail in my coffin of the corpse of my professional life. okay, that is a little dramatic. anyway, the cocky alpha-males chuckled smugly to themselves as i left. f-ers. i biked home and tried to have a productive day. i helped my mom at the office, took nawa to the vet to get her stitches removed, did some grocery shopping, etc. and this evening, before heading off to my actual shift, i made a pretty awesome dinner: parmasean chicken, spaghetti, and arugula salad (i even grew the arugula myself in a pot on the deck!) it is really nice to cook for my family. especially my mom who i think is the most appreciative, always commenting how nice it is to come home from work and not have to cook. the dinner turned out well, and i was off to work, braving a midwestern thunderstorm which knocked out the power in half the town.
it is never fun to be made fun of. i felt like i was getting kicked when i was already knocked down.

2 Kommentare:

Am/um 4:29 PM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

fritz,
those little bastids!
just look @ them and tell them that you're just wayyyyy to international and assumed that it was am and not pm b/c you're so used to the 24 hour clock from all your jet-setting and world traveling!!
then fart in their general direction!

 
Am/um 9:21 PM , Blogger inseattle meinte...

that is perhaps the best comment i have ever received.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite