14 Juli 2006

weather geisha

what the weather geisha on my page should be saying (in japanese, of course) is that it is hot as snot and the humidity of the midwest SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why did we leave the northwest again?
and oh, how i miss the dryness of denver (though I am sure i bitched about it enough while I was there--I was about ready to buy stock in Kiehl's ((though I do not believe it is a publicly traded company)) because i was buying so much product).
anyway.
as i should add at the end of every post, there really is nothing a couple of gin and tonics can't solve. humid weather being one of them.
as i always tell people, the finest result of british colonialism.
which i of course mean somewhat sarcastically.
i wonder if the quinine protects against west nile virus like it does against malaria. i have heard there have been some cases in the great state of iowa this year.
the parents are going to the grant wood museum (of american gothic fame) tomorrow. kinda fun.
btw, vera left probably my favourite comments ever on my last post. thanks sister friend.
oh, and as of today, i am a "certified" barista. whatever that means.

4 Kommentare:

Am/um 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

fritz,

http://howcool.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=24416

It does not do you justice, but now you know, you can be more popular than Jesus if you can turn water into coffee. He never did such a thing.

One Venti Low-Fat Extra Hot Caramel Machiato... STAT!

v

ps: thanks for the shout-out!xo

 
Am/um 1:03 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

ehm, that link didn't work. i hope it went through on your email...

v

 
Am/um 4:37 PM , Blogger X meinte...

Dude, if you're a barista for Starbucks you are my new best friend. I will be heading down to the US for some cafe! :)

 
Am/um 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

Congrats on the "certification", partner. Try not to let snotty co-workers bother you. I struggle with this daily, but here's a line you can use if needed: "I'm not going into a battle of the wits with someone who is completely unarmed."

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite