21 Mai 2007

made it through the night...

no one tried to break into my hotel room, but i was woken up by a jet crusing directly over the building.

rule of a midwestern education #462: don't spend less than $100 on a hotel in chicago.

i found a starbucks this morning, having woken up quite early. i am sitting here listening to antje duvekot, whom i discovered through heatherfeather. it's a sunny day in chicago, though it is chilly for some reason. when i arrived yesterday and got out of the car, i expected it to be around 80 degrees like it was in dez moinay. alas, it was more like 40.

so my interview is at 10. i am not really feeling that nervous. at this stage of the game, i really have nothing to lose, so if the dude likes me, he likes me, if not, then not. granted, i have had wild fantasies of calling the temp agency on my way back and giving my two weeks notice and going on a mini Kiehl's shopping spree before heading back to iowa. but if not, not. that doesn't mean i'm going to half-ass this thing. that would not be the amischwab way.

my motel did have cable, which i do not have in my own home. so i was kind of excited, until i realized that there is still nothing on.

the pug and i had fun. i texted with rolla and she said he seemed worn out, which is a good thing. i did get him moving a lot with my futile attempts to play fetch with him and walks through the neighborhood much closer to the river than my own (read: more bugs, ew). i was so excited to have a house to myself for the weekend--think of the possibilites is what i thought to myself. so you know what i did on saturday? i hung out with the, er, housemates. kind of like every other saturday.

4 Kommentare:

Am/um 7:51 AM , Blogger heatherfeather meinte...

if the faucet is tightened up the love won't flow, if the love isn't bright enough the corn won't grow.

i figure you're well versed in the growing of corn by now.

pants and i have this fantasy of moving and becoming corn/other new-world grain and sheep farmers to make hippy food and hippy yarn for our livelihoods... i'm not sure why that comes up right now, but there you go.

good luck with the interview!

 
Am/um 11:36 AM , Blogger Yaymee meinte...

Good luck with the interview! I will be waiting for you to let us know/now/no how it went!

 
Am/um 8:05 PM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

im happy you're safe and sound fritz... what would we do without our iowanian chic????
xxxxxxxx

and?..........
any news?

xoxo
v

 
Am/um 7:59 AM , Blogger X meinte...

Let us know what happened in the interview! My fingers are crossed for you babe! :)

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite