05 August 2006

midwestern exposure

i learned a hard, but obvious lesson this week.
alright, we all do this. we meet someone and we google them. sometimes stuff comes up, it is mostly random, and we know some interesting tidbits about people.
but, hello!? you never tell them what you find out, right?
it so happens that when you google me, you can pretty much piece together my entire life. i know, i'm da sh!t.
i wasn't really aware of this.
so when you show up somewhere with people you've only recently met and they start asking you things about your life which you have not yet divulged or aren't even on your myspace page, you get freaked out.
at least i did.
i was overexposed on the internet. i've done my best to do "damage control" but i am limitted by the fact that i do not control the content of many of these sites.
so welcome (again) to the internet age.
i'm such a chump.
lesson learned.

5 Kommentare:

Am/um 10:45 PM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

fritz...
alias!
alias!!
alias!!!
lesson learned circa 1999.. plus too many people i know online are total google snoops... its very disturbing...

 
Am/um 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

i self-googled myself too and apparently i am a hawai'ian or californian. sweet.

it's all about the fake names.

frank güggenflürgen.

 
Am/um 11:02 PM , Blogger X meinte...

Damn google. I shake my fist at them!

When I Google myself old stuff from university comes up, it's funny! LOL

 
Am/um 11:48 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

I should Google myself.... I'll get back to you.

 
Am/um 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

OOooooo...apparently I have a Christian newsletter...recording sessions from PLU...opera program listings (both true,)
am an assoc. director of BSU Admin... best of all.... a glyphdoctor... Don't know how I feel about that one. However, it could be the coolest thing of all really.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite