07 Januar 2007

what can I say?

i wish i could come up with an interesting set of things to write here, a "2006 in review" if you will. on one hand, you've been with me, though virtually, through it all. on the other hand, i have little to say.
i do not make resolutions. i do not enjoy setting myself up for failure. i recognize that january 1 is ultimately an arbitrary date. but i do appreciate it symbolic meaning--a chance for a new start.
since i am, in addition to being all business savvy, also a romantic and fan of literature, i can appreciate the symbolic, so i have embraced in some ways this day.
for one, 2007 has started out way better than 2006. in 2006, i rang in the new year in freakin' utah in a crappy motel with a worked up dog and an equally worked up mother on my way back to denver. not sure which part was the worst.
2007 was spent with friends here in the iowhat, friends who have stuck by me during this time of transition or limbo, however it turns out. there was nothing extra-ordinary about the night. we had a good-enough time. it was better than utah for sure.
i wanted to be able to say i had had some sense of rebirth over the holidays. frankly, they wore me out.
the fam and i did venture to kansas city to do some shopping and some historical tourism. so i used my two days off to do stuff. would have also benefitted from spending them in bed. but good times still the same.
my attitude is good, though. i am sticking with trying to be positive and doing my best at the whole having faith thing. my iPod and my devotions help me as does the occassional gin and tonic.
i quit my job at the coffee place. it sucked the life out of me. that is a huge step for me. i love my people there, but i hated the business. going on job interviews being exhausted and bitter is not such a good strategy. hopefully i can temp in the meantime. i really hope, actually, because visa needs some money from me, about once a month actually (so demanding!). i have faith it will work out.

what i can say at the beginning of 2007 is that despite the fact that i am literally floored by 2006, my heart is also filled with gratefulness for the amazing people i have encountered along the way and the amazing support those already in my life have given me. yes, it has all been exceedingly difficult, but i have grown so much.

and growth is a sign of life.

2 Kommentare:

Am/um 2:42 PM , Blogger X meinte...

Resultions don't always fail...I'm actually usually good at keeping at least one :)

Happy New Year and here's to having lots of success in '07! Hugs! :)

 
Am/um 11:19 PM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

Time with the fam is a good thing.

All the best in '07.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite