28 Juni 2007

so no jobo

my statistics professor in grad school (of all people) was convinced that I possessed slight psychic powers. This is one of the many reasons I liked her. And it appears that they have worked again, as I correctly predicted that I did not get the job in chicago. But the feedback I received was the best ever. Basically, it came down to them choosing a candidate who had previously sold translation services, but they were impressed with me. I used my psychic powers to see if they were being honest, and they were. So it actually turned out to be a confidence booster i.e. I still got it, I still got it, I STILL GOT IT! Holla heeeeyyyyyy!

one of my housemates said to me the other day "Do you think maybe God wants you to be in Iowa?"
how could that be true?
does God even care about that?
yes, I think so, but part of me wants to think God does not, because how could God want me to be in Iowa, where it appears I have no place.

perhaps he is pushing me into the depths of angst and isolation to further drive my creative process so that I will be a world-renowned author and poet by the age of 30 and move to Berlin and spend my days sitting in street cafes, smoking heavy French cigarettes and drinking lots of cappuccino while doning dark glasses, a leather motorcycle jacket and a black scarf, and my nights chugging Red Bull while hitting techno clubs and making other bad choices that will further fuel the creative process and take my writing in a new direction until I have had enough one day and move to Africa again and live by the beach and start an orphanage and write about the raw human existence with a gin and tonic always in hand (to protect against malaria) and a shaved head. Ok, maybe not the shaved head. And maybe not the techno clubs because they are kind of out.

ok, that just came out from nowhere--not sure from where, but it sounds like I have been thinking about it for awhile.

so now we've gone from psychic to psychotic. Great.

i am thinking July will be full of some decisions, on my part and on the part of others.

Labels: ,

3 Kommentare:

Am/um 1:00 AM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

i actually read your blog i do so when it's too late to call you-lj

 
Am/um 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonym meinte...

Sorry about the job! I just now read your blog. I think you're right... God doesn't want you to live in Iowa, but I think there has been some goodness since you've been there.

You are a killer interviewer! And YES, you still got it! Go kick butt at the next one!

 
Am/um 8:26 PM , Blogger Rolla meinte...

I say go with the shaved head....and all that goes with it.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite